Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 6


Week 6:                                                                       (2/7/2012)

February is finally here!!!  I’m so excited that we are entering another month that will soon start to get busy.  Primary and secondary schools start back on Monday (They have been on summer break since the beginning of December).  Manuelito, the little boy I live will, is so excited to go back! I am now trying to finalize my curriculum for my youth group project.  Caroline and I will hopefully be going to the schools next week and trying to find the teens that will be our first group.

This past week has been one of the more slow weeks I have had here.  The clinic was closed most of the week and most people were out of town.  There was a four-day span that I had absolutely nothing on my agenda. (That might sound nice to most of you, but I hate down time).

I recently have been extremely motivated with the MCAT.  I was going to delay taking it until September or even next year, but I’m feeling like God is telling me the time is now.  Since I currently have plenty of down time, I have now started wanting to study for it and prepare for the test.  I have decided I will be taking it in July, so I’m trying to get as much in as I possibly can while I am here.

I’m currently walking through the book of Acts.  I downloaded a devotional from NewSpring website and using that as I guideline.  I also recently started my third book, Crazy Love.  My friend, Leah, gave it to me a while back, but I never finished it.  I’m excited to see what I learn from this short book.

On Sunday, I went to a SuperBowl party at the Surf Sanctuary, an American resort here in town.  I was excited to get to watch the game and commercials in English.  I missed not watching it at home, and I especially missed the buffalo chicken dip.  During halftime I skyped with some of my family.  I got to see my parents, sister, Uncle Wade, Aunt Faye, Jake, Taylor, and Clark.  It always makes me excited to see my family!!!  Skype is a God-send and I don’t know what I would do without it here. 

My verse for the week:
‎"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment