Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 3 Update!


Week 3:                                                                                    (1/17/2012)

Another week in the books… This week has been an overall good week filled with exploring towns and personal examination.  God has convicted me about staying positive even in trying times.  It’s a struggle sometimes, but I’m on a journey to find the best in every situation.  My time in Nica has been and will continue to be a life changing experience for me.  God is showing himself faithful and is teaching me more than I ever could have imagined.

I recently finished a devotion called Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick, a pastor out of Charlotte, NC.  This book was all about having audacious faith and expecting God to do the impossible.  My favorite line from the book is, “If the size of your vision isn’t intimidating to you, there’s a good chance it is insulting to God!”  I’m currently working on putting together my favorite parts of the book into one brief devotion.  I will post it in the next coming weeks in hope that it may be a blessing to you all as well.

Being in Nica makes me:
1.     Grateful for all I have in USA
2.     Slow down my lifestyle a lot
3.     Contemplate my past, present, & future
4.     Rely on God on a daily basis
5.     Figure out unconventional ways to live
6.     Forget about the name-brand items..I’m in a land of no judgement, (so nice!)

I’ve learned a ton here, but I still have an up-hill battle.  I am meeting with a lady tomorrow about the current sports situation here in Limon and Las Salinas.  I’m not sure what to expect, but excited to see how I can serve the community.  I am also praying about a potential opportunity I might have here in Nica in the future.  I will update you on that in the future if it is God’s Will to happen!

God Bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment