Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 15

Week 15                                    (4/10/2012)

Week #15 in the books….overall it was a pretty uneventful week.  Most of Nicaragua (and Central America) shuts down for Semana Santa (Holy Week).  Tons of locals flock to the beaches during this week and have family time.  The clinic was closed from Wed-Sun, so not too much happening. 

On Wednesday I decided to take the bus into the nearby town of Rivas.  I wanted to just get out of Las Salinas for a while and walk around the city.  I explored the market and nearby shops for a while, and then just hung out at the bus station.  The station was packed with people, but nothing like the bus ride back into L.S.  There were probably between 150-200 people crammed into that bus (no lie).  It was an adventure that’s for sure…one I would rather not experience again!  
Park in Rivas
Market in Rivas
Bus Station
Hanging out at the station..waiting on the next bus.

The rest of the week I just spent relaxing at home, watching movies, and spending a little time online.  On Sunday I got to skype with my entire family on my mom’s side.  I haven’t seen most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins since I left, so it was awesome seeing them for a bit. 
Pic from the SC side  (thanks Uncle Ted for the pic)
So, I have about a week left here in Las Salinas before I head to Granada.  This coming week doesn’t look like it’s going to be too busy, so I’ll just spend the week enjoying Las Salinas/the beach for a little bit longer.  Life is so for now, but I’m sure I will miss this one day. 

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I hope this was the first and last Easter without you with us!!

    ReplyDelete