Friday, April 6, 2012

Week 14


Week 14
Another great week in Nica…Nothing too exciting, but here’s a brief update:

On Wednesday we took the youth group to the beach.  I promised them that every month we would do a “special activity”.  I let them vote and they chose to have a beach day.  The teens loved playing in the ocean and taking pictures on the beach.
On Friday, Caroline and I took our volunteer to the natural tide pool.  The tide pool is by far my favorite place in the area.  Check out the awesome pics! 
Volunteer season has ended for now.  We have had over 50 volunteers come through over the past 5 weeks.  I had a blast hanging out and getting to know some of the volunteers. 

So I officially have only 2 weeks left here in Las Salinas.  I am so excited about experiencing life in Granada, but I know I’m gonna miss this place like crazy.  I have finally gotten use to the simple life here, but life must go on.  I’m trying to life in the moment and soak up these last few weeks here. 
God Bless!

2 comments: