Friday, March 30, 2012

Week 13 / 3 Months!!!

Week 13                                  (3/27/2012)
3 Months in Nica

3 Months in Nica!!! Crazy… Another week down.  I’m back into my routine.  This week we had our largest group here (17 from University of Illinois and Georgia Tech).  I spent most of the week helping with programs and events for them.  Two days I took a group of students throughout Limon II to pass out invitations for a Vaccination Fair they are holding on Saturday.  It was pretty cool going door-to-door throughout the community and meeting some of the locals.

On Monday, we celebrated Manuelito's 8th Bday.  We had a pizza party at the grandparents house.  Manuel's mom and 5 month old little brother, who lives in Managua, came down for the week.  It was nice having Karen and Baby Joel here.
On Wednesday, we held our 4th Youth Group Session.  We worked on our group unity and got to know each other better.  After our lesson and activities, we went outside and played a game with some water balloons. Good time!

On this past Tuesday I went with Yanira to the primary school in Virgan Morina.  I helped here give a charla (educational talk) on Dental Hygiene.  We did 3 lessons there for the 1st, 5th, and 6th grade classes.
Our Awesome Poster
1st Grade
5th Grade
6th Grade

On Saturday, I opened my last gift from my sister.  When she same down a few weeks ago she left me a week-long care package that I was to open starting the day my friend left.  I loved all the random stuff she gave me.  I got some awesome stuff that made me smile.  Thanks Mel for the gifts…I love them!
Soo…3 Months down…5 weeks to go (3 weeks left in Las Salinas).  Crazy how the Month of March has flown by.  God is continuing to show himself faithful here and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for me!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment