Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Friend Week- Kate in Nica!!!

Friend Week!  (3/11/2012 - 3/18/2012)

On Sunday my family flew out and my best friend, Katelin Edwards flew in.  It was awesome that we could arrange the flights where Kate flew in at Noon and the family left at 1pm. 

Kate and I stayed at La Tica 2, which is a hotel right on Playa Guasecate.  It was a cool environment full of backpackers and surfers…and it was only $6 a night! 

We spent most of the week:
-Relaxing on the beach
-Walking around town (to and from the clinic)
-Hitching Rides around town
-Hanging out at Magnific Rock
-Playing cards
-Watching House or movies
-Trying out different restaurants
1st Pic in Nica
La Tica 2, our hotel on Playa Guasecate
Ordering lunch at the Tajada Stand
View from Magnific Rock
 (Pretty sure this will be blown up and hung on my wall)
Kate with Manuelito
Walk to town over my awesome bridge!
View of the road from my front porch

On Friday morning we caught a bus from Las Salinas to Rivas.  From there we took a taxi to Granada.  We checked into Hospedaje Cocibolca, a hotel right on main street.  We dropped our bags then went exploring. 

We spent the weekend walking through Granada, seeing the market, shopping in the park, looking at the cathedral, and trying out various restaurants.  On Saturday, we also took a boat tour on Lake Nicaragua to see the islets.  The town was pretty exciting this week.  The nightlife was interesting with the streets full of loud music, dancing, and eating.  A couple of places were even celebrating St. Patrick’s Day.
Our Hotel in Granada
Granada Market
Fresca in a bag...my favorite 

On Sunday morning, Yasmil drove us to the airport.
Last Pic in Nica at the airport
I’m so thankful to have a friend that is willing to come see me this far away and be perfectly content with just relaxing and enjoying time together. 

A Special Thank you to:
-Katelin for being willing to come to Nica during her Spring Break
-Charlotte and Erik (Katlein’s Parents) for sending Kate here

God has truly blessed me with 2 great weeks with my family and my friend.  These weeks have been the highlight of my time here in Nica and I had a blast making memories. 

God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment